Monday, December 3, 2012

Surreal Weekend 1 - Journey of Faith

Who knows what's gonna pop up in life? Nobody! Only God knows. And God is good. He's an awesome God!

So after seeing my previous angry and mad-at-everything-everyone posts, one might thought I'd never see daylight here. Or that was what I thought... But praise the Lord! He is good!

I couldn't thank Him enough for His arrangement for me. Although to some, especially some saints, it might seem that I am chasing after worldly things... But all throughout this journey, I felt, I was really trusting on Him.

Firstly, leaving campus and jaunting alone to the heart of the city, I had friends advising me against it. A complex place Bukit Bintang area is. Piercing stares at vulnerable looking targets and I am definitely in that target as gullible as I am. To make it worse, my navigation skills are at the top of the list...in reversal.
Then having an 8 pm show, predicted by the time the session ends, it would be late. Impossible for me to travel alone back to hostel, like it or not, I need to find an accommodation. So I hooked up with Joy, a friend I've met online, and we've known each other for years. Now, who says we can't trust cyber friends? Fandom friends are the best!

I know you must've started thinking how foolish I am and what a foolish thing I'm doing. Only words exchange through social media sites and texts, Facebook photos and had never met. An idea of a lunatic! Especially with all the cases happening in the world, I still am so naive to put my safely out there, risking to meet them.

Of course I had my doubts, if not I wouldn't have these sentences, they had been in my head since the beginning. Consulted my friends, my sister... My worries were shown. Was at the verge of giving up on seeing them. But prayer became my courage... Plans were that after the event, I would follow her home, which coincidentally was the week she goes back to her parents place, is where I shall spend the night. I prayed to the Lord that I'd be in good hands, His and theirs... I had nothing else but faith.. I've never felt so vulnerable. I only had Him.

Now, doubts and worries aside, it was really a blessing how it happened. It was a lazy night where I was taking my zillionth break from my books and reaching for the phone, I chanced upon a giveaway contest by KAvenyou. '25 fastest fingers to share the event photo and tag KAvenyou' wins. I'd never expect myself to be in the fastest 25. Especially not after the slow loading and KAvenyou's status update 'We've found our 25 winners just within 5 minutes!' which was updated 10 minutes ago... What chances do I have? Nevertheless, I still checked out the winners' list out of curiosity. And there I am, number 21 if my memory serves me well... OH WOW! I've won a pair of tickets to see 3rdwave's Ignite Kpop Charity Concert 2012! I was shocked! And surprised! And excited! How could I not be? I'd be meeting Brian Joo and Alexander!!!

It was just surreal.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment