Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Day Full of Noms

The eve of armageddon. Nothing really exciting... Well, not like it IS suppose to...but...atleast something right? Oh wells... That just proves nothing is nothing is happening. The gospel hasn't gone out yet. The Lord ain't coming back yet. He is anticipating though. And I shouldn't be slacking.

Anyways, today was a day full of noms as per title. This blog had been filled with I-can't-see-tomorrow posts that it's getting so bleak and bleary that even I shun it. My procrastination in publishing posts doesn't help either. These are suppose to be 'letters to future me'! What does pathetic posts like such do to future me?! I'm an idiot. Aaand, I am still writing that 3rdwave post. Half a month has gone by... Procrastination at its best!

ANYWAYS, today was a good day. It was a day of food. Well, not EXTRA-ordinarily good, I've been eating my way to today, but today's noms were different. I've got that feeling I should put something up,

Vicky, Sui Chin and I, along with two others, we went to Midvalley. Nothing special, but upon arrival we stuffed ourselves with Snowflake-that glorious dessert. NOM! Next, off to Sushi Zanmai. My second take at that chain. Beautiful, beautiful food. I took no photos and have no copies of them either; but they were beautiful. Pleasant to the eye as well to the taste buds. NOMNOM!

With bloated stomachs, what else to do at a mall if not fashion shopping? Mango's 50% sounds inviting. And there we were, flipping through limp cloth, but Borders next to Zanmai attract me more. Less crowd, better air, less hassle. The way I like it. However, time waits for none. Couldn't have my sweet time there. We have something planned for the night. We have to hurry up. Chop chop through the clothes. But RM9 basic tees at PDI was a steal. Two for me, seven Sui Chin and Vicky a whooping nine! Family.

Winter solstice's drawing near. Or passed. But who say being in dorm, being late or early restricts us from the tradition? Food tradition to be exact. For me at least. A few items from Carrefour and we're on our way back. Heavy rain upon arrival on dormitory grounds does not hinder me from taking a quick shower and walking over to P3, the block where the others are at.

What can be called 'our dinner' was all sweets. Almost. Filled glutinous rice balls in soy base, mango pudding to wash it down, cheese franks and cherry tomatoes for greens...or reds. Dinner! Simple yet heart-warming. Over at friends', eating, talking nothingness... Though due to my speech I get ignored a lot but all was good. Better than being in my room, facing the monitor, either assignments or drama. My social life out the window. Senior roomies have course mates all over the dorm; Indian roomie, out or giggling to her phone, singing odd tunes or bringing friends in for chats when you're sleeping. That loud, high pitch Tamil chatter. O-EM-GEE!! Not being racist or anything but it's just her... Why have people in when I'm just next to your bunk trying to turn in early? It's not like you can't see me sleeping... Okay. Imma save it for another entry. Sheesh! Why spoil this?

Anyways, noms are all good. I think I can just succumb to gluttony-one of the seven deadly sins. Now I understand MinFood relationship. Might consider being a MinFood shipper too. Hah! Stuffing your face in stress, in joy, in hunger... So much reasons to eat! Good food! And it's in abundance too! But my appetite's gonna break my poor dad's back. Not that he's anywhere near but I should to something to eat on my own.

"To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals" - Benjamin Franklin
Came from a doctor. PhD. Medical? I'm not sure. So he still should know best right? With his wits.

Peace out.
Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment